Tuesday, April 06, 2010

A New Era -or- Manifesto, Motherfucker

Another season is upon us, and the Gorillas are fired up and ready to go mildly interested.

Along with the new season, dawns a new era for your favorite drunken softball team. A new policy has been announced for the manner in which personell and line-up construction is handled. It follows:

For games that start at 6pm, I will be at the field around 5:10ish. For all other games, I will generally be there around 6. I will then begin drinking bier. Jeff & TDub will usually be there around the time I get there. I do not care who else will be there or what time they get there. You are welcome to play from now on if you have ever played for the Gorillas and have not 1) brought a chick to the game and then offered "finger in the butt for a dollar" played catcher & flipped off the pitcher 2) Not paid your part for the league not once, but twice.

When & if you show up, write your name on the line-up card (pictured above-right) in the spot you think you should bat. I don't care if we have 17 or 6 guys. If we do not have enough to play I will continue to sit in my chair and drink bier. If you are not going to be there and are concerned about it, I suppose you could ask someone to go in your stead. Or you could tell someone on the team. Someone other than me, for I will still not care. If you are not sure you want to play for the Gorillas, you could tell someone on the team - someone other than me - so they might invite one of the several people that DO want to play for the Gorillas.

My only concern this year is that you bring bier. I am an alcoholic and it is quite expensive for me to buy bier for me to drink in excess the other 6 days, let alone buy enough for you on Tuesdays.

Lastly, I'd like to thank our sponsor, Verville Construction. We are going to try to raise a little money to buy equipment by selling door knockers that are exact scale sculptures of the main motherfucker at Verville Construction. They are $100 and pictured here.

Thank you, and God Bless America, the Gashaus Gorillas, and our collective balls.

No comments: